PowerSheets allow me to share my personal journey with you since I decided to move away from Facebook & Instagram earlier this year. Join me as I use Cultivate What Matters’ 2019 PowerSheets for August. I am sharing a review of July and my goals for August.
2019 Powersheets: July Review
My Projects – Monthly
- Started reading 9 Types of Leadership & Shape Up. The 9 Types complements Enneagram personalities. I am a One and Eight. 😄
- Scheduling podcasts both as a host and to be a guest was put on the back burner.
- Scheduled an interactive workshop to co-host with MeetEdgar for September. I’ll share more details soon!
- Celebrated friends birthdays and family anniversaries this month! 🥳
- I didn’t make it to any extra events this month.
- I closed enrollment for Little Black Desk Academy until 2020. This took about a week as I revised marketing, website, and email campaigns. After this, I was unexpectedly and pleasantly mentioned on Cal Newport’s blog. Very grateful for the mention!! 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 🙏🏻
- Updated “Organize Your Digital Office” challenge.
- Quarterly Mastermind calls with each member
- Summer bucket list: Went to the lake, Kansas City Chiefs football training camp, saw Jupiter & Saturn via BIL telescope
- Family: Went to Kansas City for almost two weeks. 🥰 🥰
My Projects – Weekly
- Wrote (4) blog posts.
- Created (3) digital documents.
- Didn’t complete podcast or speaking pitches.
- Participated in 2 Twitter chats. It is a great way to meet new people, share knowledge, and learn from others.
My Habits – Daily
- Cardio (45min 5x/wk): 8 days *typically do this M-F 😩 off schedule this month with all the traveling. Ready to be back in my routine!!
- Journal (15min): 16 days
- Read (45min): 2 days
What I really enjoyed listening to over the past month.
- Podcast: Trust the Process with The Skinny Confidential on Ed Mylett Takeaways from @lauryn @MichaelBosstick
- 1) Audio shows the audience your personality vs. images which tend to be edited.
- 2) Not only should you invest in improving yourself, but invest in improving your relationship together.
- Movies: Lion King
- Spotify: Healing Tide – The War and Treaty…it’s hot and humid and I was in the mood for some blues.
My Local Spots
- Fairway Creamery (Kansas City) just opened this summer and I tried their floral flavored donuts. Lavender, Hibiscus 🌺 , and Rose.
- Family Tree Nursery (Kansas City) I went back here after visiting earlier this year. They have the best selection of plants and pots. My favorite pots are from Chive. They are clean, modern, and matte white.
- Limitless Coffee & Tea in Fulton Market (Chicago) has the best cucumber & pear soda!
- Ruby Jean’s Juicery (Kansas City) I found on social media over a year ago and finally made it in. Their Green Dream smoothie was perfect!
- Vested in Garment District (Kansas City) has excellent service and amazing banana chai spice bread. I really enjoyed meeting Susan, the owner.
- Willa’s Books (Kansas City) has the largest collection of African-American books and vintage records. I picked up a book while exploring her collection.
2019 Powersheets: August Goals
My word for 2019 is visibility. Thus a lot of my goals are centered around increasing my visibility and of Little Black Desk Society.
- Read (1) book for business
- Secure (4) podcast guests for Women Who Excel
- Secure (4) podcast interviews as a guest
- Secure (2) events to be a workshop speaker
- Celebrate the relationships in my life by sending birthday cards and setting up coffee dates.
- Attend (1) local business event
- Summer Bucket List:
- Visit family in Indianapolis
- Write (2) blog posts
- Create (1) e-document
- Upload quotes & tips to MeetEdgar
- Send (5) pitches to guests
- Send (5) pitches to interview
- Sent (4) pitches to event hosts
- Cardio (45 min) 5x/wk: I use MyFitnessPal to track my workouts.
- Strength (5 min) 5x/wk
- Journal (15 min)
- Read (45 min)
I used Bright Pencils, because I wanted the option to erase. Plus, I received these as a gift from a client and wanted to use them. I used Tombow Pastel Markers for outlining and filling in the progress bars. You can learn more about the PowerSheets and order your own stickers at Cultivate What Matters.
*Affiliate links are used in this post.
2019 PowerSheet updates from small business owners
Are you a PowerSheets user and small business owner too?
I would love to read your August post.
Leave your blog link in the comments below.