The clients of Little Black Desk Society are builders of communities and teams. As community builders, industry leaders, directors/managers of small teams, founders, and CEO/COO of small businesses we have an impact on our clients, industry, and employees.
Regardless of previous experience, we are in a place of leadership and responsible for those we serve. Becoming better leaders enables us to empower those around us and make a difference in our industry.
When we lead with excellence teams love working with us, peers respect us, and clients refer us to friends.
Little Black Desk Society offers multiple services depending on the type of leadership, accountability, and support you desire. Services include one-on-one business coaching and a membership community.
I recognize my small daily wins. They’re the stepping stones to milestones.
I’m grateful for each opportunity, regardless of size.
I celebrate those who come before, with, and after me!
I ask for constructive feedback so I can be better than I was yesterday.
I am honest and forthright in setting clear expectations for all relationships.
I respect our differences even if I may not always agree.
I lead by example.
I choose to educate instead of belittling or ostracize.
I choose grace over judgment knowing I was once less experienced.
I’m the sum of my friends and influences.
I’m committed to the discipline of hard work.
I’m patient and consistent in my efforts.
I choose quality over quantity.
Failure is a building block.
Challenges are opportunities.
I seek out opportunities to better serve my clients, community, and team.
To empower each person to achieve their potential whether I’ve known them for a moment or years.
Hi, my name is Melissa. I’m passionate about helping you become a better leader. A leader whose team loves working for you, your peers respect you, and clients refer you to friends.
With 18+ years in leadership roles for teams in multiple industries, I’m passionate about creating a culture of excellence. A culture which enables and empowers organizations and teams to thrive, peers to level up, while clients to win too.
I believe in leading by example and apply it in c
- Coaching, how do my experiences and ongoing education influence the feedback I share with you? Is the feedback realistic and relevant to your situation? Will it help you achieve the results you desire today and in the future? (LEARN MORE)
- Membership, how do I show up for you? Am I creating content and conversations to provoke thoughtful learning and conversation? Or am I posting for the sake of posting? How am I creating opportunities for you to connect with each other? (LEARN MORE)
These practices are a result of being blessed with amazing mentors, clients, peers, and team members.
What ties us all together is the desire to serve our clients, peers, and team well. To lead with excellence.
A FEW THINGS ABOUT ME
- Fiercely protective and older sister of 5, doting aunt of 3, and loyal friend
- Professional football lover
- Quote hoarder, office supply nerd, and organization queen
- Love living life fully “when in Rome”
- Passionate about children’s literacy and civil rights
- I live by these mantras: Love conquers fear EVERY TIME. Celebrate what You Appreciate.
I am an avid reader of business, leadership, performance, and sports psychology. I am inspired by greatness and enjoy figuring out how a best practice in one industry can be applied to another industry. If you are a subscriber to our weekly Business Notebook email, you will recognize this as my “connecting the dots” feature.